Pages

Monday, December 17, 2007

Kiki Knits

Today I finished a neckwrap! I haven't been able to create as much as I used to, since little Lief has changes his naptimes to only once a day. It seems by the time he goes down for a nap, I'm very much ready for one myself. I miss the morning naps, where I could quietly drink my coffee, stare out of the window: and contemplate what to work on next.

But this project was short and sweet. I used some of Hobbledehoy's beautiful art yarn, which is called "That old song" and combines soft merino wool, camel down, fun pompoms, and crochet doilies. I also used a few rows of carrot orange handspun wool from the Fibre Art Studio on Granville Island in Vancouver.
The green buttons come from Button Button on Cordova in Vancouver.

Now I'm all inspired to knit again. I enjoy going from felting to knitting to sewing and back again in no particular order. Probably not the most efficient, but definitely the most enjoyable for me!

2 comments:

Laura Bucci Handmade said...

Hi Kiki, that neck wrap looks wonderful. The colours and thick and thin yarn is just great.

jane said...

what a view! i'm totally envious :) your neck wrap is gorgeous ~ great colours and texture.