So today it finally came together, I opened an online Etsy store for my knits, felts and sewn items! It looks so easy, but those first uploads took me hours! Not even considering the time to get all the pictures done, or the time to create the pieces in the first place...
Tracy was wondering why I didn't just drive up to Tlell, to drop the items off with the local gallery where I sell my work... Ehm... Well, I told him there's several reasons to put my work at Etsy.com:
1. First, I just want to try out a different way of displaying my work
2. Be part of the online community of more than 100,000 crafty sellers who all make handmade items! And who knows how many buyers.
3. Be able to show friends and family my work, whether they're in the Netherlands, Vancouver, Blue River, Victoria, Whitehorse, etc...
4. Receive feedback on my work, I hope
5. Be inspired to create more work
There's probably a lot more reasons, but these come first to my tired computer mind. I have uploaded a 'widget' on this blog, so you can directly see what's in my store. Just one click away! Enjoy.
Yay! Congrats. The shop looks great and you look awesome in that helmet hat. i think you should keep it if you haven't got one similar already. it does indeed take a long while to upload to etsy. So far the effort to me is worth it. i hope it will be for you as well.
kiki, your shop looks fantastic! it must feel good to have it all set up . . . everything looks beautiful! wishing you many happy sales!
Shop looks great. I love your fabric bags. They're wonderful. Welcome to etsy.
Thanks so much for checking out the shop and all your compliments! I've sold three items so far and am thrilled! I do think this may also be a bit of a slow time of year, right? Do you find so at your shops?
Post a Comment